A traveler's guide.
A dear sister of mine is currently attending the Journey of Faith 2014 course held by IMuslim. Alhamdulillah, she has been sharing the knowledge to fellow friends. May Allah reward her immensely for sharing the knowledge and may we benefit from it as well, Allahumma ameen thumma ameen. As she is sharing the knowledge on a daily basis, there may be subsequent posts on this.
Here are some of the GEMS that I got from her (edited):
- To have eeman in Allah is to believe in Him, act upon your belief and utter your belief.
- Barakah is consistent goodness.
- Sometimes Allah does not give you something right away because you are not ready for it.
- The main focus of dakwah is tawheed.
- Plant the seed of goodness. You never know when it will sprout.
- To worship Allah is to do things that will please Him, be it actions, words or anything.
- When we remember the blessings of Allah, we will become more obedient. Syukr!
- When we don't clean something for a long time, the stain will get harder to be removed. That's the same as our heart that needs constant cleaning.
- Constantly make tawbah, istighfar & remember Allah. Small deeds also cleanse the heart.
- When there are so many sins, then there are so much dirt, then the heart becomes dirty and sick. Thus the sinner becomes weakened and hard to do good deeds.
- Keep asking Allah for forgiveness via words and actions.
- Everyone makes mistakes. And the best people are those who repent to Allah after they make mistakes. Allah loves the ones who repent.
- A believer never falls into the same hole twice. He is either careful of that hole or takes another path.
- Everyone gets angry but you must control it. Hold it back.
- Be conscious of Allah.
- The 5 daily prayers, jumaah & ramadhan are our pitstops to remind ourselves and refuel ourselves with taqwa.
- Turn off your auto pilot. Don't make your ibadah as a mere routine without any reflection.
- The quality of your heart is reflected by the quality of your prayer!
- If our heart is clean & pure, then we will never get tired of Quran.
- Be confident in your dua. Know that Allah is not incapable of granting your dua. The One who can create the heavens and earth from nothing can definitely grant you anything.
- Ikhlas comes from the root word that means uncontaminated or pure. Let's keep our intention pure!
- When Allah gives you knowledge, He wants to see if you appreciate it When you appreciate it, Allah will increase it!
- Whoever seeks the path of knowledge, Allah makes the path to paradise easy for him.
- Consistency in seeking knowledge is the biggest challenge. Have the intention to understand and act upon it.
- The gathering of knowledge is the inheritance of Prophet saws. Every moment of it is considered an ibadah.
- Arrogance is rejecting the truth when you know it's the truth & belittling others.
- If it is the truth, then you must accept it even if the person is less knowledgeable. That's the sign of humility.
- The power to have the right intention is incredible.
- No one knows what's inside your heart except for you and Allah.
- The key to reach nafs muthma'innah is you must be contented with what Allah has given you.
- To have the best relation with Allah, perfect your prayer.
- Please Allah before pleasing others. You can't actually please people without pleasing Allah.
- ASK - Just ask Allah. He is All Hearing.
- Nafs Muthma'innah: Love what Allah loves, Hate what Allah hates, spend in His way and hold tight to His rope.
- Make dua for beneficial knowledge, that is, a knowledge that will benefit you in dunya and akhirah. That you can reflect and apply, and not that you gain it to hurt others or for debate.
- Allah commands us to worship Him not because He needs our worship but because we need the worship.
- Regardless of how healthy, wealthy or influential you are, you will still need to depend on someone. But the creations will are not always dependable and will die. Thus depend on The Creator, The Ever Living, The Most Powerful.
- It is very, very disrespectful to Allah to ask His creations first before Him! You must first supplicate to Him then only seek His response and search for the means via His creations.
- The reason we don't depend on Allah is because our eeman is weak. We dont have enough conviction and dont have firm believe.
- Sabr is at the beginning of the calamity, not the end. Then take the necessary actions.
Share the khayr!
1.51pm, Malaysian time