The culmination of knowledge.
Alhamdulillah, despite missing the first day due to work engagements, I had a brilliant time at the conference on the second day. The speakers were amazing, the experience was phenomenal, and the fact that family and friends from other parts of the world flew over just to attend it, was mind-boggling. So much to digest, and so much more to implement, there are just not enough words to describe. Love the camaraderie and may Allah S.W.T reward those in realising the conference into a tremendous success. Allahumma ameen, thumma ameen.
Among the GEMS taken away from the conference (paraphrased):
- Many times when we hear about something, we think it refers to other people. However, sometimes we have to take it personally. Take it personally and reflect on yourself.
- It is alright to want to look nice, to want things, etc but do not let it consume you.
- Wake up with this in mind: "The weight of this ummah is on my shoulders. Be the change for this ummah."
- Real change, actual tangible change, that change is going to come from you, and it has to come from you, even from a micro-level. Don't think someone will do it for you.
- A lot of people say they are grateful, but it is just a statement unless it is attached to the heart. Constantly check the status of your heart.
- Don't dwell on your sin. Make repentance and move on. Add more good deeds.
- You have been working on yourself, but don't forget the people around you.
- Don't let people think or convince you that you are insignificant.
- It is not about how much knowledge we have, but it is about how we use the knowledge.
- Be extra careful from becoming a ritualistic Muslim.
- Relationship is like a tree. If the roots are strong, all is strong. To be able to stay together for years, is something to be treasured, cherished and respected.
- We are different, but we have to come together and cover each other's back. Cooperate.
- Da'wah is to upgrade the standard of living for people.
- Positivity: That's what we need to be the change.
- Be careful that when you speak, it doesn't hurt people.
- Love is not dormant, it is an action based verb.
- Complaining about Allah S.W.T vs Complaining to Allah S.W.T. Know the difference.
- Keep the focus clear, not the ego.
- If you are right, the truth will come out. If you did wrong, seek forgiveness. Focus on the relationship. Trust.
- The prayer is a comfort, a shelter, a refuge. It protects us from shamelessness and doing evil.
- We fight among ourselves that we forget the real enemy; the devil and our desires.
- A catastrophe is a catastrophe if you allow it to realise its' cause.
- Your projects will only go far as your own ability will allow.
- Create value before asking from others.
- Touch hearts before asking for hands.
Obviously there were many more GEMS, but these are the few that I managed to compile. Look forward to attending the next event, the National Achievers Congress 2014, and Divine Speech.
Knowledge acquisition, from the cradle to the grave.
11.11am, Malaysian Time