What is in a name?
I mentioned that my Arabic [Egyptian] teacher mentioned to the class that my name is an old Egyptian name.
Hence it got me pondering a bit. My name was given to me by my siblings. Big brother simply loved the story of Siti Hajar [Hagar] and Ismail [Ishmael] Alaihi wa Salam. Sis followed along with him. Besides, how cool is it to be able to name your sibling? I didn’t get that chance and the family never expected me to make a last minute entry into the family tree either.
- When you name someone, do you have a certain criteria that you have/want to fulfill?
- Is it based on the meaning?
- Is it based on the origins of the name; the history behind it?
- What does your name mean and how symbolic is it to you?
- Will you change it if you have a choice? And to what?
Happy 2010. ^^
1.53pm Malaysian Time