Thursday, September 2, 2010

.: Simple life :.


Rumah terbuka
.


The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's own happiness, the happiness of others.

Malaysians are very synonymous with rumah terbuka *open houses*, and although Eid is about a week away I'm already receiving invitations. Apparently I have lost some weight so friends are taking turns to stuff me; not that I'm complaining. God willing I will organize one again this year, albeit I hope to do a simpler kind.

Not too long ago I became friends with a sister who leads a very simple life with her husband and children. Our correspondences made me all the more thankful with what I have as my seemingly 'simple' life pretty much pales in comparison to theirs. Coming from humble backgrounds, I
wish to learn the simple life from her too, and in due course share our ups and downs with each other. We almost went our separate ways due to some internal concerns but praise the Lord our bonds are stronger than ever now. Sincerity, patience and perseverance along with sisterly love and the blessings from our Lord made it possible, Alhamdulillah.

PS :: To my dear readers, brothers and sisters who had given me the love and support during these past few days, I thank you so much. Only God can repay your kindness.

Ramadhan is coming to an end.
11.58am Malaysian Time

6 comments:

Hijabee said...

'The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's own happiness, the happiness of others.'

I love this quote. It's so true :)

Living the simple life is great. There is beauty in the simplicity of things. Hope you have a great Eid :)

Atie said...

hmmmm.... yummy! If you're planning to organise a rumah terbuka this year, don't forget to include my name in your list of guess... ;)

eda said...

Hajar, I hope you will do rumah terbuka and invite me next year. inshallah i will come:))lalatul mobarak inshallah, hope to catch the night this year. love ya

**Ranii** said...

Thanks to all muslimah to keep remember us (pakistaniis) in your dua.and send us your help.

MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU AJR FOR YOUR ACT OF KINDNESS:

. Please please give even a single penny if you can, there are millions of the people here who are sitting in open air helpless..

Humanity needs you..Please help us!
Donate
donate
donate....
..every day is a delay.... share your food, money, clothing... and Love. The people of Pakistan are in dire need ...

ALSO TELL YOUR FRIENDS, BELOVED, FATHER, UNCLES, HUSBAND, BROTHER SONS...
to take part in this act of kindness...every day is a delay

a/c # 000 1 1 6 0 3 3 2
UBL PAKISTAN

A/C # 000 11 60 33 2
UBL-PAKISTAN
ALSO by:
WESTERN UNION
DOLLAR EAST

further contact at:
0092 3340590 3347

Hajar Alwi said...

Hijabee :: "There is beauty in the simplicity of things."; I am so with you on this!!! Have a blessed Eid too! :)

Ati :: Definitely!!! I was gonna text you my address, but I wasn't sure where I'll be celebrating Eid this year. :( I'll text you with the invitation tomorrow. :)

Eda :: This is a definite YES!!! I would love you and your family to visit Malaysia again! BTW, in my house everyday is a rumah terbuka for you sis. :)

Hajar Alwi said...

**SpecTacular WORLD** :: Welcome to the blog. :)