Thursday, September 2, 2010

.: Simple life :.

Rumah terbuka

The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's own happiness, the happiness of others.

Malaysians are very synonymous with rumah terbuka *open houses*, and although Eid is about a week away I'm already receiving invitations. Apparently I have lost some weight so friends are taking turns to stuff me; not that I'm complaining. God willing I will organize one again this year, albeit I hope to do a simpler kind.

Not too long ago I became friends with a sister who leads a very simple life with her husband and children. Our correspondences made me all the more thankful with what I have as my seemingly 'simple' life pretty much pales in comparison to theirs. Coming from humble backgrounds, I
wish to learn the simple life from her too, and in due course share our ups and downs with each other. We almost went our separate ways due to some internal concerns but praise the Lord our bonds are stronger than ever now. Sincerity, patience and perseverance along with sisterly love and the blessings from our Lord made it possible, Alhamdulillah.

PS :: To my dear readers, brothers and sisters who had given me the love and support during these past few days, I thank you so much. Only God can repay your kindness.

Ramadhan is coming to an end.
11.58am Malaysian Time
Post a Comment