Monday, August 17, 2009

.: 至福の風 :.

The blissful breeze.

Hua Ta, Liurong Temple
Flower Pagoda, 6 Banyan Trees Temple
Guangzhou City

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
Kahlil Gibran
There is a saying that tourists never consider themselves as tourists. Used to waking up so early in the morning, I took it upon myself to catch a little sight-seeing of my own only to return to the hotel when my friend has woken up. Alhamdulillah, I never encountered any problems albeit I reckon I must have made my friend worried on several occasions.

This was one of the temples I found during my escapades. Graced with a surreal and serene atmosphere, I spent a good 30mins loitering around the area, sitting under the banyan trees and observing the devotees paying their respects to Buddha. Places of worship have a tranquil effect on me, so for a moment the quote by Kahlil Gibran fleeted across my mind and I too joined the devotees in saying my graciousness to God, thanking Him for providing me this breathtaking opportunity. Perhaps I was being too cheeky by asking God to grant me several more chances in future.

One can hope, and hope is what keeps us going.
11.55am Malaysian Time


Solace In Islam said...

Wow, that is impressive!

Would love to see more!

Ms.Unique said...

Exactly the hope keeps us going ... :)... If it hadn't been for the connection with our Lord and the hope we have with Him, I'd been dead already ...

Hajar said...

Solace :: Insha'Allah sis. ^^ Thanks for popping over!

Ms. Unique :: Hush now dearest. It never cross my mind that you will ever lose hope in anything.

Constructive Attitude said...

This post was beautiful. I loved it. And the picture is spectacular.

I dont think you're being cheeky at all, God does ask us to ask for whatever it is we need and/or want. So we shouldnt hesitate.

Great post!

Coffee Catholic said...

That temple is amazing!! I would love to see what it looks like inside.

Hajar said...

Constructive Attitude :: Hey, I love that attitude! Since Ramadhan is a day's away ... what better time to ask? :)

Coffee Catholic :: Michelle~!!! How long has it been??? I just read the news ... CONGRATULATIONS~!!! Elspeth and Erlend must be thrilled!

Me too! But it was off limits. :( I was looking around trying to get in it, but it seems like every single door is locked! Aihh~~~ But the other halls were open so, I'm not complaining. ^^

Lisa B said...

A beautiful image and the quote is perfect for your post.

Hajar said...

Thanks Lisa. :)