Thursday, August 6, 2009

.: Timeless tale :.

Endless premonition.

Sometimes, when one person is missing ... the whole world seems depopulated.

Which is exactly what I'm feeling right now.


Far from divulging even the slightest measly portion of the aforesaid, I have somehow lost the muse to blog. Perhaps this is due to the fact that my present state of mind is still elsewhere.

Then again, I did mention I will do some posts about China. One particular noteworthy tidbit will be, I find it rather ironic that my days there were filled with sushi and catching the daily 'Boys Over Flowers' [a popular Korean drama] reruns. Atypical of my old-fashioned characteristics, a day did not pass by without me going to the park just to catch a glimpse of old people playing Chinese chess, Tai-chi, Qigong, dancing etc.

I spent some good 8 days scouring Guangzhou - Shenzhen - Guangzhou with friends, and new acquaintances. Food wasn't a problem as our dear Almighty God, Allah S.W.T has been really kind to me. The places I stayed at had Chinese halal restaurants a stone's throw away! Adding further into the blessings, I was granted the opportunity to meet other Muslims, albeit I spent it on asking where are the halal restaurants. Serendipity?

Now you may wonder how on earth I know they are Muslims? Simple. The guys were wearing head-gears. *I only met 1 lady wearing the hijab* Or I may have a built-in Muslims-detection-within-the-vicinity device. To reaffirm things, I walked straight up to them, smiled, said "Assalamualaikum" and we started prattling in Chinese, English and Arabic. The experience was overwhelming. Over at the beach, about 4 of the Chinese Muslim guys were having a picnic and doing their prayers. Upon hearing I'm from Malaysia, they assumed I'm a student and started offering me their food along with directions to Muslim restaurants. My good friend was concerned on the amount of trust I placed on these Muslims because I can just approach them without any fear. Truthfully speaking, I'm amazed myself. I don't do that in Malaysia. Where did I muster all that courage from? Total naivety? Maybe.

Collectively, the trip is good with one major exception. Approximately 2 days before I left, I screwed up. Big time. I suppose, that's the very thing that is dragging me down. Will post some photos and do a follow-up post one of these days.

5.36pm Malaysian Time


Ms.Unique said...

Masha Allah you've spent some good time there ... nice to know ...

But this sad tone seems to be a barrier ... now c'mon we all get that kind of a mood once in a while .. no?

Subhan Allah I can feel the sadness and the gloomy atmosphere so much Hajar :( ... guess my auras working ;)

Anything just know that there is a friend miles away to lend you a pair of ears and shoulders too ;)

Say Cheese :)

Luv you ... Hugs ... Hope to see ya brighten up soon ...

Ummi's Blog said...

Helooo glad yr back...interesting to hear of yr experience there n about the boys at the beach and all... Hows the 'moderness' there? as in the toilets etc...clean?

U screwed up? what happened to share?

Take care n hugss to u too.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Awww, sis, I can't wait to see your pics. I do hope everything will be alright for you!

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

I am tagging you for a meme, I hope you enjoy it.

Sabrina said...

I just wanted to say that i'm guilty of watching Korean dramas as well. ;)

Hajar said...

Ms.Unique :: Indeed I have. I'm sure each one of us will undergo this at some point in life ...

I have been perpetually depressed. Still am, but I figured I shouldn't allow myself to be entirely consumed by it. I'm gradually picking up the pieces sis ...

Yes! I will remember this. I've requested to add you in my MSN. Let me know if you don't get it alright? ^^

It's a great feeling to be surrounded by warm people, and you're definitely one of them. Thanks for your concern sis. Insha'Allah, I will perk up soon.

Ummi's Blog :: Both places are fast-developing areas whereby massive constructions are taking place just about anywhere! I will very much prefer if they retain at least some of the quaint@ancient look. Ermmm ... the toilets are satisfactory. :)

I'll most probably share abstract thoughts of it since that's my forte. :P I think it may be possible for you to digest a paltry part of it from my twitter @ FB status messages. :)

I know things haven't been sunny at your end too. Take care sis and all the best ya.

Hajar Zamzam Ismail :: Pics will be uploaded by Friday! Insha'Allah! Oohh ... which meme is it? I'll check on it momentarily.

Sabrina :: The Hallyu wave hasn't really left our shores, has it? LoL~ Thanks for popping over!