Sunday, September 6, 2009

.: Season's greeting :.


A dying art?

I'm curious as to how many of us still send out season's greeting cards; as in the physical ones. None of the electronic over the information superhighway e-greetings stuff.

As for me, my passion to do so has deteriorated. Family and friends make do with text, phone calls and the ever-so-popular e-greetings. *+ FB wall posts, twitter ...* Extremely discouraging when all of the above has become the practice for the past 10 or so years. Gone were the days where we will wait in anticipation for the next possible greeting card to land in the mailbox.

Reminiscing that feeling, I got myself stack loads of cards. Problem is, I don't know the addresses of my family and friends! Pathetic? YES! Thus, I'm trying to retrieve as much as I can. It is rather sad to call your relatives and ask for their address.

Me :: Hi Aunt. Can you give me your address? I wanna post you a card.
Aunt :: All these years, coming to my house and you don't know my address?
Me :: Uhh ... yeah ... sorry ... so uhh ... can I have it?

While I'm still in the spirit, I would like to share this newfound passion with my readers. If you would like me to send you an Eid card, kindly email your (a) name and (b) address to hajar.alwi@gmail.com by Sept. 11th. No matter where you are, whether you celebrate Eid or not, I will post it. :)

Note :: Any information that you provide will be kept confidential and I will be scrupulously discreet about it.

Let's just hope it doesn't get lost in the mail.

7.28am Malaysian Time
Post a Comment