Wednesday, November 24, 2010

.: Timely departure :.


The demise of my granduncle.

Days went by, but the air was still stifled with streaks of grief and anguish. Only today do I feel as though normalcy had returned to our household.

~

Since my toddler years, my late granduncle fondly calls me "Siti Kaya" whenever I feel heavy in the dumps. The pet name was a reminder of my inability to pronounce "S". I used to get really peeved each time he calls me that, until one day he propped me on his lap and said;

"I initially did that to tease you, but I truly hope that one day you will grow up to be someone who is "Kaya" *rich* in values. :)".

His last words on 20 Nov were;

"Are you leaving already?"

That was when he looked pass me and I knew it won't be long until I lose him. That I can no longer hear my beloved granduncle calling me "Siti Kaya" anymore ...

انّا للہ و انّا الیه راجعون
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
Verily we belong to God and to God we shall return.

May Allah S.W.T accept his good deeds, forgive his wrongdoings and place him among His beloved.

Resuming working life.
2.31pm Malaysian Time

7 comments:

Atie said...

Sis Hajar, I am so sorry to hear the loss of your dear granduncle. You must have loved him so much... My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May Allah bless his soul and grant him Jannah. Ameen. Take care, dear sis.

Nadia said...

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Ameeen to your dua.

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

I feel so sorry to hear this..
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

oh sweet one. A beautiful tribute to someone loved.

I have come to realize that aunts and uncles give us something the direct line of grandparents and parents can't: a more conditional love and so when earned, so precious.

Anonymous said...

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raajiun..
Be strong sis..
Death is only the beginning of the true life ahead, InshaAllah..

eda said...

I know it is late to show my condolonces, but please accept it.
Rahmat for your grnaduncle, I hope he will stay in peace underearth. Death always have to be sign mark for a muslim, and it is. We learn something good from the life. I love you

eda

Hajar Alwi said...

Sis Ati, Nadia, TheHumbleWayfarer, Eda, rialive:: Ameen everyone. Jazakallahu khairan for your du'as. :)

Jeanne-ming:: The very words I have in mind, but you have worded it so well; "Conditional love and so when earned, so precious.". :)