Friday, September 16, 2016

.: Steel Mosque :.


Not the man of steel.



The Steel Mosque or "Masjid Besi" is also known as Masjid Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin. On my recent trip to Putrajaya, Alhamdulillah I was able to bring my husband and big sis to visit it. Elated, it was a first time for the both of them. 

Like any other tourist, both of them spent a good amount of time snapping pictures. Mr Husband is particularly fond of mosques. I suppose the ones we have here are quite different from the ones in his hometown. On the other hand, big sis had a ball of a time wearing the purple-coloured mosque garment. Sort of made her feel like Harry Potter. 

As for me, I like how spacious and airy the mosque is. Not much has changed since my last visit there and I am glad that the mosque is well taken care of. I adore the courtyard and the fact that the changing rooms are not too far from the prayer hall. For someone who does not use the telekung to pray, I still appreciate the changing rooms as it beats going all the way to the ladies just to check whether my scarf is in place. 

Looking at how things are turning out, there is a high possibility that we will go to the mosque again end of this year. 

All's well that ends well.
9.48am, Malaysian Time

No comments: