Wednesday, May 26, 2010

.: Masjid Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah :.


Also known as the "Blue Mosque".


It is a famous landmark synonymous to Shah Alam, the largest mosque in Malaysia with a distinguishable blue and silver dome and four minarets erected at the corners. Fine decorative Arabic calligraphy adorn the the inner curve of the dome and the walls. There are 2 fully carpeted and air-conditioned main prayer halls in which the upper floor is mainly utilized by the women. The mosque can accommodate up to 15,000 worshipers during Friday prayers.

I was about 7 when my relatives brought me here. The only thing I could recall was I was overwhelmed by its majestic size, spacious halls and intricate designs.


I was driving in Shah Alam when I spotted the unforgettable architecture from afar. Seeing it was almost time for Asar prayers I made a stop there. Masha'Allah. Yet again I was drowned by its magnificence. However I noticed there were cracks and leaks at several places. I hope those are momentary defects.

Reminiscing. :)
7.01pm Malaysian Time

4 comments:

Yoli said...

My friend, that is absolutely breathtaking.

Hajar Alwi said...

Much appreciated dearest Yoli. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.