Monday, March 23, 2009

.: Garments of reason :.


Inferring the stitches.

A tidbit from cruising over to sister's blogs; "Do you think they are hijab appropriate?".

Friend:: I don’t get girls nowadays with all their skimpy tight clothing. What is the first thing that goes through your mind when you see these girls?
Me:: Don’t they feel cold?
Friend:: I expected you to comment intellectually, i.e. on keeping in tune with the eastern values, immorality etc. since you're a Muslim.
Me:: No really, don’t they feel cold?

Owing to my response, my friend deviated away from the conversation. Obviously, she was dismayed by it. On any given day, I can prattle on the aforementioned points, though I do not see any use of repeating a seemingly common pattern. Besides, it’s unlikely that I emit a holier-than-thou persona in comparison to them as I do have friends that dress in such a way but possess better conduct than some that strictly observes the hijab. Each of us has our flaws; style may be one of theirs. Mine, I clearly have no sense of fashion.


But I am fascinated. My response is relatively strange considering that Malaysia is hot. Perhaps because I’m used to the layers and stuff. *that, and the absence of body fat ... I am incredibly vulnerable to cold ... 18 degrees Celsius is cold ... anything below that is pure madness*

Know, first, who you are; and then adorn yourself accordingly. ~Epictetus

Our tailor did his house calling yesterday. Right after the women in the house finished questioning and directing him on their styles, it was my turn.

As long as I can breathe, run around in it without ruining the seams, I'm alright. Nothing fancy.

Shouldn't be too difficult for him.
1.33pm Malaysian Time
Post a Comment