Friday, June 12, 2009

.: Masjid Sultan Abu Bakar :.

An artwork by itself.

Source from Tourism Johor Darul Ta'zim

Raised high above the hill overlooking the Straits of Johor and Singapore, lies the majestic Masjid Sultan Abu Bakar. It was commissioned by the "Father of Modern Johor", the late Sultan Abu Bakar in 1892 and the construction was completed in 1900. Furthermore, it is one of the oldest and most beautiful mosques in Malaysia.


Slight change of plans. I'm going down South tonight~!!! Back in high school, I used to frequent this mosque with friends.

Yesterday, I contacted my primary school friend telling her I'm coming down and all so perhaps we can finally meet up as we haven't met for 8 long years! Found out that she's having several problems which includes her dad being recently involved in an accident... I didn't know how to react when I heard that, though I told her to hang on, I'll pray for her dad's recovery and we'll talk further when I'm there. Hopefully, my presence will help to alleviate her worries a little. On another note, my dad was not feeling too well either last week, but Alhamdulilah he is doing much much better now.

Happy Juma'ah to everyone!
9.27am Malaysian Time
Post a Comment