Wednesday, August 18, 2010

.: Bazaar Ramadhan :.


Kuala Lumpur.


From left to right :: Chocodate, Halal certification, dim sum, ayam madu, random lady, otak-otak.


From left to right :: Ikan bakar, dim sum, roti boom pandan.

Photos were taken at the Ramadhan bazaars held in Wangsa Maju and Danau Kota. I was elated to find ... CHOCODATE!!! Alas the seller was away for Asar prayers so I didn't get to purchase any. Then I found these guys selling halal dim sum, and they even displayed the halal certification! As usual I obtained their permission before I snapped their photos. *the first guy was very shy ... =.=*

Brief descriptions ::
  • Ayam (Chicken) Madu (Honey) - BBQ chicken wings smothered in honey, spices etc.
  • Otak-otak (literal translation 'Brains') - A combination of fish paste, spices and etc. wrapped in banana leaf; may be grilled or steamed.
  • Ikan (Fish) Bakar (Grilled) - Grilled fish with air asam (sour dip).
  • Roti (Bread) Boom (I have no idea how to translate this) Pandan (Screw-pine leaf) - Resembles roti prata (Singapore) or roti canai (Malaysia); just smaller and circular in shape. The seller diversified the original recipe by using pandan extract.
Out of the long stretch of stalls, I only bought ikan bakar and dim sum to complement the dishes we have at home. One must keep in mind that this isn't the time to indulge in unnecessary spending, let alone finding means to waste any excess food.

Note
: For some background, please refer to my Arabian Delights post regarding my once upon a time fixation over Chocodate; the heavenly yet sinful confectionery.
:)

Another rainy day!
10.03pm Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Atie said...

Chocodate? What on earth is that? Dates dipped in chocolate, perhaps?I have to confess, this is the first time I heard about it. But whatever it is, you made it sounds so YUMMY! Do you think it is sold here in Bangi? I must investigate....

;-) Take care sis. Enjoy your iftar!

Yoli said...

Looks delicious my friend.

Nuseiba said...

(I haven't mailed your card yet! nanti yaa)

My my, those dimsum looks absolutely delish! Too bad for me that I don't go to pasar ramadhan, or that the fact the one near my house probably do not have dimsum.

I love dimsum.

Salam ramadhan.

Huda Lee said...

The Ramadhan Bazaar in Singapore is really buzzing too as well! Though I am not really fond of the crowds and overexcessive sensory stimulation. Hehe...

Hajar Alwi said...

Ati :: You're right! The way I explained to my blood brother was; almonds wrapped in dates & dipped in chocolate! I think one can easily get it from Yusuf Taiyoub sis. Enjoy your iftar too sis! :)

FYI, I bought a box of Chocodate last week, but it didn't taste as good as the one I had in Saudi ... :(

Yoli :: Looks can be very deceiving .. ^^

Armouris :: Terima kasih.

Nuseiba :: Take your time. ^ Tulah, I was quite surprised to find it there! The dimsum was ok, and kalau dah kate melayu tu I actually ate it with rice! Siap buat jadi lauk lagi! Haha! Salam Ramadhan to you too!

SeekingHuda :: LoL~ Trust me sis when I say I had a difficult time slipping through the crowds! I guess our Ramadhan bazaars are not that different. We definitely have that in common! Plus the free smells! :)