Friday, November 7, 2008

.: Anonymity cloak :.


Harry Potter?


*Typical traditional Malay formal attire with a twist.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Dr. Seuss
What is life without a little aggravation? Regardless of how constructive or vile it may be, some react to it sensibly whereas others choose to live a life depicting themselves as something they're not; masked in a life full of lies, half-truths and innuendos. Thus is the bitter realization on the existence of charlatans.

As a child, my mum used to scare me with stories of how someone will cut off my tongue if I ever lie. *she has a tendency to relate horror stories, all in the name of instilling good moral values ... as preposterous some may be, it must have worked as I believed in all of it then.* It's not like I have never been deceitful before. There are skeletons in my closet, and I'm sure everybody has their own dirty little secret that they will resort to just about anything so that it remains as a hush hush. I suppose, one can never reveal all of oneself let alone being completely true to others. That's fine, albeit what irks me is when deceptions are habitually done. In the place of a sanctimonious two-face, why not be like the headless mannequin represented above? Works the same for me.

People have been telling that I should change. Nothing related to those characteristics or behavioral patterns, but more towards my outer appearance. It's pretty sad when it's uttered by people that I consider as friends. Statements such as "Wear a smaller hijab, career-wise you'll advance further." *
shouldn't it be based on merits?*, "You're young. Why do you confine yourself?" *so we are the young and the restless?* and "Use make-up!". *No. Had enough of it.* Fully aware that there are people that judge you base on appearances.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. :)
12.30 noon Malaysian Time
Post a Comment