Thursday, February 5, 2009

.: Malaysian Friday :.


Petronas Philharmonic Hall.

Located at KLCC. Posted some letters, a package and paid bills at the post office there. *Alhamdulillah, it didn't get lost in the mail!* Initially, I wanted to take photos of the Jumah prayers at Masjid As-Syakirin, after snapping a few at Masjid Jamek. *foreigners joined me in the photo-taking sessions; I wasn't able to pray* Needless to say, something cropped up, thus I had to discard the idea. Also, a couple of Muslim sisters questioned whether I'm a Muslim. Sometimes I can't help but feel totally out of place. :(

There are three fortresses for believers against Satan. These are: (1) mosque, (2) remembrance of Allah S.W.T. and (3) recitation of the Qur'an.

Ka'b al-Ahbar, Al-Munabbihat

Early last year, upon passing the area on a Friday, my non-Muslim friends noticed the men performing their prayers. The mosque can't accommodate to everyone so some of the men had to pray at the garden, carparks etc. Obviously, it was a remarkable scene for them. Spent about 15mins giving them a concise summary on Friday prayers.

Typical after Friday prayers scene.
10.21pm Malaysian Time
Post a Comment