Wednesday, February 18, 2009

.: Only human :.


The day I trampled on my friend's nerves.


There were limited people that knew I was going for Hajj. The few that knew had almost the exact question …

"Don’t you think you’re a bit too young for Hajj?"

As far as I’m concerned, my Bruneian friends went for theirs in their early teens.

I kept the matter hushed up till the last day of work, when I text my other friends telling them about it. *I can’t let them think that I’ve gone missing again* Throughout that day, I have friends coming over my place giving me well wishes etc. That’s when I realize I have a considerably large network of sisters. Naturally, I expected friends to request me to supplicate for them. Some did whilst some stunned me for a while.

Friends:: So, after you’ve prayed for us, we want you to pray for yourself.
Me:: I can’t promise that I’ll convey all your wishes, but Insya’Allah. And it’d be strange if I don’t pray for myself too.
Friends:: We are referring that you'll pray on marriage. You know, you getting married and stuff. Getting the right guy. You don't need us to spell it out, do you?
Me:: Owh that. Well uhh … again, no promises. Uhh, thanks for the reminder. :)

Yeah, I was stunned. *coughs ... strange that they didn’t think I’m too young for marriage … coughs* It’s a good thing I left my cell at home cos I received similar texts.

And I totally forgot to ask. No, it wasn’t intentional. I really did forget. I may have asked for it indirectly though. When friends found out, this was their reaction …

YOU FORGOT?! USELESS!

Classic. :)
9.50am Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Hajar said...

LOL! that was funny that they thought you are too young to go to hajj, but not too young to get married!

miss ash said...

I seriously laughed out loud on this one. BTW, I think you should pray for your marriage once you're in Mecca again.

Al-Ghariba - The Stranger said...

Assalamu Alaikum,

Why do they think you are too young to do hajj? So long as you are over the age of puberty. Anyway, I laughed because people always hassle me about marriage too.
InshaAllah the next time you go to hajj you go with your husband. :)

Ms.Unique said...

Yeah I know abt such annoying questions some ppl put ..... ignorant certainly they are ... coz one of the conditions for doing hajj are maturity of age (which of course u were *rolls eyes*) ... duh! .... Lol

Hajar said...

Hajar:: I have funny friends. :)

Miss Ash:: Insya'Allah. Do remind me if I make it there again. There's a tendency of me forgetting it. :)

Al-Ghariba:: Wa'alaikumussalam. Firstly, welcome to the blog! ^^

If I were to use a general perception, most of the Malaysian pilgrims that went then were in their 30s and above.

Insya'Allah. Likewise to you too. :)

Ms. Unique:: I'm still a baby. Really. Haha~!

-----
hajar