Saturday, September 13, 2008

.: A love story :.


Still sick.

As I sat in the KTM on my way back home, I can't help but notice some random fondness gestures displayed by the commuters. Surely by now I would have gotten used to it. Yet somehow, my mind started to wander off. To a certain story that I heard not so long ago.

This is their story.

There was a girl. And a guy. They met and did not fall in love. *you didn't expect that did you? haha!* It was more of a one-sided love. Guy meets girl and falls head over heels. Meanwhile, girl meets guy and it literally stopped there. There were no fireworks. No sparks. No baby Cupid shooting any arrows. Guy decided that the way to capture her heart is by getting into her mom's good books. Which he did. Why, who could ever resist such fine and well-brought up demeanor? To sum things up, like any fairytale, the prince charming won over his princess.

Prior to the marriage, the girl posed a condition to the guy . "No matter what, my family comes first. You will always be second. If you agree to that, we shall get married." The guy agreed and they got married.

Keeping to his promise, the guy allowed the girl to devote her time to her family. However, they are staying in another country and the girl voiced her concern whether they could move closer to her family. He agreed. He may be the eldest in his family yet he chose to leave them, his friends and all that he has ever had only to return and rekindle the relationship during the festive days.

When her mother passed away, her mother said "You have married a good man.". When her father passed away, he said "He is a good man.".

You can never hear them saying "I love you." to one another. They don't hold hands. They don't hug. They don't kiss. They never celebrate their birthdays or wedding anniversary. In fact, you can never see them displaying any acts of affection like buying flowers or gifts. Needless to say, they do not need a day or an item to celebrate the happiness and love that they have nurtured and achieved.

It doesn't matter whether the world knows how you feel about one another but what matters most is that the ones that really need to know, deep down, the girl and the guy knows it. Words are mere words. Things are well ... things. And there is only much you can express through it. Sometimes, you don't need to utter or do anything to express how you feel simply because it is best to leave it as it is. I suppose, in the end you just know.

The girl in this story is my mum. And the guy is my dad. :) I have omitted most of the things and made it clearcut because certain things are best left unsaid. Also I do not wish to reveal everything. For now, their story revolves around my dad randomly singing and cracking jokes while my mum laughes it off and relentlessly reminding him to eat his medicine.

What is your love story?
9.28pm Malaysian Time

7 comments:

Ms.Unique said...

Assalamualikum Hajar,

That's a really nice story ...... simple and yet sweet ... I like it that way tooooo ..... thnx 4 sharing .....

24ing said...

love story ?ohh ,old story

Bosnian hijab girl said...

nice blog!Visit my blog too!

Hajar Alwi said...

Ms. Unique: W'salam. Owh, we share something in common then. ^ Aih... complex stories usually cause me headaches. Haha~ You are most welcome. :)

24ing: Haha~ Yeap, I suppose you're right. It is an old story. :)

Bosnian Hijab Girl: Hey thanks! Sure I will. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a nice story. Made me weepy.

~ dOnAsKy ~ said...

haha..
jz drop by..
to see ur blog^^
wow, ur english very good..
hahaha..
anyway, a nice story..
it really ur parents story??

Hajar Alwi said...

Sous: Thanks! ^^

Donasky: Thanks for popping over! I consider mine as average but thanks for the compliment, and your English is good too. ^ Yeap! Straight from my mum. :)