Wednesday, September 10, 2008

.: Tenth day :.


Of fasting.

Not feeling too good. Starting to feel a little feverish and delirious. It's a portent. *get more sleep!* I suppose it'll be an early night for me. :(

Here are a few photos of the gastronomic creations I had for iftar back home. Prepared by the culinary connoisseurs of the house; my mum and my aunt. As you might have expected, I'm merely the kitchen assistant.

Photo Number 1:

Yong Tau Foo. [釀豆腐] ~ Soupy dish with Ha
kka origins.
______________________

Photo Number 2: Clockwise;

Tamar [تمر ] "Kurma" ~ Dates. *the fruit.* .|. "Roti Jala" or "Roti Kirai" or "Roti Renjis" ~ Malaysian pancake. *I fabricated that.* When spread out, it looks like a net *or spider web* with lacy-like consistency .|. "Kari Daging" ~ Plain old Beef Curry
______________________

Photo Number 3: Clockwise;

Assorted "Kuih" [cakes] .|. "Sayur Campur" ~ A variation of mix veggie .|. "Ayam Kicap" ~ Chicken cooked in soy sauce .|. "Ayam Goreng" ~ Fried chicken .|. "Nasi Goreng" ~ A variation of fried rice .|. "Bubur Terigu" ~ Wheat porridge with a viscous consistency.

It'll be another 2 weeks till I get to devour their yummy cooking. Until then, I'll have to be contented with my own.

PS: Photo Number 1 and Photo Number 2 were taken during 1st Ramadhan. while Photo Number 3 was taken during the 7th day of Ramadhan. *awfully sorry for the bad quality pixs ... didn't have my photoshop gear with me. :P*

The greenhorn.
10.06pm Malaysian Time

9 comments:

24ing said...

the first photo is very familar with me .delicious

Hajar Alwi said...

LoL. Doesn't come as a surprise considering you're Chinese. :)

24ing said...

did i come as a surprise ,ohh,you can see all chinese on my blog .and my poor english

24ing said...

ohh ,another thing ,can u add my blog link on your blog

Hajar Alwi said...

Your English isn't that bad and I noticed that you added my link. Thanks a mil'. :)

Sure! I just did. ^^ Btw, you're from China right? I'm just guessing because your website's domain is .cn.

24ing said...

im absolutely chinese ,yup ,my websibe is .cn hehe

Hajar Alwi said...

Cool. Nice to have you around. :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and had a quick read. Very good writing I must say.

and to this post: owh wow mashaAllah..that looks so nice. I missed malaysian/chinese food. Should go back one day :)

Hajar Alwi said...

Iva :: Thank you! You're too kind. :)

I'm still counting my blessings of being able to savor it any other day. Do come back. ^^

W'salam,
Hajar