Friday, September 26, 2008

.: من العاءدين و الفاءيزين :.


Last day of work!


Not so. But I’m knocking off in a few hours time, head back home for Eid tomorrow morning in addition to having a hiatus from blogging for close to one week. *can’t say that I’m looking towards it*.

Yesterday, I asked my friend where is he heading this Eid and seems like he stays relatively close to his parents and in-laws. I was telling him how fortunate he is to be so near t
o them to which he responded::

“Kalau awak diberi pilihan, pilihlah yang jauh. Lagi jauh, lagi elok.”
*“If you’re given a choice, find someone far away. The farther, the better.”

I'll just leave that to God. :)

-------------------- ~ --------------------
Given that I won’t be around as I’ll be uber tied up with the dishes, *coughs* and disregarding the fact that I know it’s a tad bit too early for Eid greetings, it doesn’t really leave me much choice. So here are my greetings to everyone, especially to all the lovely people that cruise by every now and then;

:: A typical Eid greeting in Malaysia ::

~
  • “Selamat Hari Raya AidilFitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin.”
  • *“Happy Eid ul-Fitr. Forgive me for the physical and emotional wrongdoings.”
~
*Loose interpretation

Owh, and if you are traveling @ driving, travel @ drive safe. If you’re not going anywhere, stay safe. Summing up, just be safe. ^


My semi-dry-semi-witty outbursts are kicking in.
2.43pm Malaysian Time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you a very happy and peaceful Eid. May Allah accept our good deeds, forgive our transgressions and help us become better muslims & better human beings.

Eid Mubarak to you too :-)

Sketched Soul said...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Eid Mubarak!!
I pray you had a wonderful Eid.. and weren't too busy with all the dishes :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

Hajar Alwi said...

W'salam,

DG :: Thanks a lot. Similarly, I wish the same for you. Not forgeting, Eid Mubarak to you and your family. ^

Sister Farhana :: Eid Mubarak to you too! Mine was alright. Hope that yours were as good or even better. As for the dishes, there was a never ending flow! Thankfully, family lent a hand. :)