Friday, January 16, 2009

.: Absolute bleakness :.

Strewn over the skies of Gaza.

When I look at my sins I find them plenty,
But when I recount Allah's favor upon me I find it infinite.
I have no hope in my good deeds,
I only hope in Allah's mercy.
He is my Guardian, He is my Creator,
And I have entrusted myself unto Him as one who is weak and frail.
If I am forgiven it is because of His Mercy,
And if I am not forgiven, what can I do, what will be my fate?

Abu Nuwas, Al-Munabbihat

I suppose I'm still awfully upset with the perpetual onslaught in Palestine, trying to divert myself, in vain. Home greets me with agonizing reports starting with the 8pm national news followed by added updates from Al Jazeera. Retreating to the room, in the effort to isolate oneself from the harsh reality, leaves little hope when one is unable to barricade the mind from it. Torn apart with the devastating state, the few things that's been keeping the spirits away from the dumps are the du'as and prayers, along with the notion that Insya'Allah, things will work out. Eventually.

Nevertheless, many a time, I hear people claiming that casualties are mostly brought upon themselves. That it's Allah S.W.T way to admonish the nonbelievers; sinners. Under what basis do they substantiate the soundness? Who are we to condemn the outcomes of people? For us that are blessed with vast fortuity, granted freedom from strife, are we really free from transgressions? Or could it be that time is ticking at our side ... subliminal to our line up ...

The emergence of the ugly side of people.
9.02pm Malaysian Time
Post a Comment