Friday, January 9, 2009

.: Cape no. 7 :.


A film by Wei Te-Sheng.


"Everybody’s heart harbors an undelivered love letter …"

The highest-grossing film ever in Taiwanese box-office history. Director Wei, a former assistant director under the legendary Edward Yang, has exquisitely portrays a hidden love from the 1940’s Japanese-occupied Taiwan. Unable to disclose his affection for a Taiwanese lady prior to returning to Japan, a Japanese teacher reveals his love in seven unforgettably passionate letters. Although these letters weren’t mailed until some 70 years later, they ignite a series of events and become a catalyst of another inter-cultural love affair.

As much as I hate to admit that I’ll most probably cry my heart out on this one, there are some things that I don’t mind crying for. I have high hopes for Cape No. 7. Furthermore, I am resolute on getting the DVD and OST, which includes Heidenröslein, the poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Get it released already! Gya~ !
1.03pm Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Aisyah Mazelan said...

it sounds like a great movie. maybe, i'll try to get the dvd too.

Yoli said...

Oh my friend that sounds WONDERFUL! Oh I love these kind of films!

Hijabee said...

Sounds very romantic, just what I need now :)

Anonymous said...

do you love muhammed???, because you see well.

Hajar Alwi said...

Miss Ash :: We can cry together then. Haha~

Yoli :: Can't say I love these kinds considering what a sap I am. Let's just say I'm trying to make peace with myself. ^

Hijabee :: Eh? lemme know if there's anything I can do. :)

Rabbi Lars :: If it's in reference to Prophet Muhammad [S.A.W], yes. Seeing well ... it must be the spectacles.

-----
hajar