Friday, January 30, 2009

.: My favourite things :.


The Sound of Music.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
Silver-white winters that melt into springs;
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Tagged by 2 wonderfully superb sisters, Hijabee and Ms. Unique. Thanks! ^^

If you've been tagged you have to add one more favorite thing to the end of the list:


This has got to be the most toughest tag I've ever done simply because I try not to have favourites, therefore I'll list out the first thing that pops into my mind. There may be moments of shilly-shallying ensuing blank or nonsensical answers. Kindly bear with me. :)

Favourite colour: Sky blue.

Favourite perfume(guys): I don't smell guys ...

Favourite perfume (girls): I don't smell girls either ...

Favourite pj brand: I doubt it even has a brand. :P

Favourite clothes brand in general: None. I normally wear the Malay traditional Baju Kurung. It's the only thing that I wear that will not get me mistaken as anything, but Malay. A follow-up post coming up later. :)

Favourite person in the entire world: My dad.

Favourite country: Malaysia. Patriotism.

Favourite car: RC cars. *I'm still a kid ... coughs*

Favourite sport: Walking is a sport.

Favourite sport player : Lee Chong Wei. Malaysia's pro badminton player.

Favourite spot in America: No idea. Never been there.

Favourite animal: Hamster.
*My brother once said if you squeeze a hamster, its eyes will stick out. I refuse to allow him to go anywhere near my hamsters. Presently, I have no more.*

Favourite movie: Secret, The Secret That Cannot be Told.

Favourite singer: My dad. :)

Favourite day in the week: Friday.

Favourite time of the day: Morning.

Favourite holiday season: Monsoon season. *we have a tropical climate*

Favourite number: 21

Favourite food: Mum's cooking.

Favourite chocolate: Don't make me choose. Please.

Favourite cartoon: Bleach. *it's an anime*

Favourite blogger: Ms. Unique *Love the poetry pieces* :)

Favourite Flavour Ice Cream: Noo!!! I really can't choose!

Favourite Mobile Brand: Sony Ericsson.

Favourite name: Fa'ad. *it's my brother's name. as in my real brother.*

Favourite hobby: Sleeping. :)

Favorite room in my house: The guest room.

Favourite Fruit: Persimmons.

Favourite fictional book: Alice in Wonderland & Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

And I add ::

Favourite flower: Baby's breath.

Tagging Kak Chik, Ihssan, Ummi, Hajar, and Redanna. Update, 4.45pm :: Extended to Miss Ash.

To the others, feel free to join in the fun. ^^
9.55am Malaysian Time

7 comments:

Empress Anisa said...

Thanks for the insight!

Aisyah Mazelan said...

Haha. I love bleach too!
BTW, can I have this tag?

Hijabee said...

Lol @ ur brother's idea of squeezing a hamster's stomach

Hajar Alwi said...

Empress Anisa :: LoL~!

Miss Ash :: O-hey, the shinigamis! Are you following the one shown on TV3? Cos if you are, I don't wanna let you in on any potential spoilers. :P And yeah, you're tagged. :)

Hijabee :: Fearful that he might actually squeeze them, I used to tell my hamsters, "If you ever see my brother reaching out to you ... bite him!". My brother responded back with, "Don't you wonder how far their eyes can protrude? Like really. It's like a science experiment." Haih~

-----
hajar

Ms.Unique said...

Nice enjoyed your favorites and love the poem it's so nice and it goes so well with the post ....

Jazak Allah Khairan for choosing me as ur Fav. ... this is the 2nd surprise I'm getting 2day ... guess I've gotta b ready 4 more or is it? lol .... I never thought I cud b some1's fav. lol ... Alhamdulillah ....

Unknown said...

Assalamualaikum Hajar.

Thanks for giving me another tag. I'll try doing it later at night. You brother is really funny.

Hajar Alwi said...

Ms. Unique :: Ack~! Those were actually the lyrics from 'The Sound of Music'. I practically grew up watching reruns of that movie, while driving my sis insane with my ridiculous antics of it. :)

One can never have too many surprises, don't you think? ^^ Aww~ you're such an inspiring individual sis!

KakChik :: Wa'alaikumussalam Kak Chik. Cool~ I'll run through it soon. Well, we drive each other nuts, literally. :)

-----
hajar