Sunday, June 20, 2010

.: WCME 2010 :.


Foreword.

By YBhg Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew and the synopsis of WCME:

Islam in China is rich with heritage and culture, and has influenced the course of Chinese history. One of the great Chinese Muslim figures of all time is the Admiral Cheng Ho, also known as Zheng He. Known as a great leader and skilled voyager, Cheng Ho symbolizes many things including the spirit of peace, friendship and adventure in the face of uncertainty.

- ~ -

The World Chinese Muslim Trade and Culture Forum & Exhibition
2010 consist of both local and international exhibitors showcasing Chinese Muslim Culture, Islamic Art and Calligraphy, Halal Foods, Textile, Apparel, Healthcare Products, Home Decor, Tourism, Technology and many others.


  • The 拉面 was made on the spot, and the guy was kind enough to allow me to capture the whole process.
  • Over at Uncle Chan's, the uncle was kind enough to reserve the last few packs for me.

The event was held at the Malaysia International Exhibition & Convention Centre (MIECC), Mines Resort City. By the end of the day, I bought a few items *don't ask how much I splurged*, ate a bowl of steaming hot hand-pulled noodles (拉面; la1 mian4), packed some duck rice and made several new friends. Alhamdulillah, I even bumped into an old friend and her family, and did some catching up. :)

__________________________________________________________

WCME Info: http://www.wcme.com.my/t1/index.php

If you want to try the noodles, you can find them at this address:

Restoran Ayu
Batu 131/2 Jalan Cheras Kajang.
Tel: 03 - 87364717, 012 - 2080284
Opening Hours: 5pm - 10pm






As for duck rice; please check their website 'cos they have a few outlets:

Restoran Cina Muslim Mohd Chan Abdullah; http://www.mohdchan.com.my/

It was a worthwhile trip.

4.52pm Malaysian Time

3 comments:

TheHumbleWayfarer said...

Assalamu'alaikum,

Sis Hajar. wow. its great that you went to this program.=)
I wanted to go there actually, but due to some unavoidable circumstances, I had to cancel last minute. I even called the organizer asking for the event+ participation.I heard that many Chinese Muslim speakers came for the forum. Did you join the forum anyway?

Ikhwan Ng said...

Huhu.. KL have so many chinese halal food, wish to have it at perak

Hajar Alwi said...

TheHumbleWayfarer :: Wa'alaikum'as'salam brother. This was like a last minute notification and I didn't get to attend the forum. [work commitments] However, attending the exhibition was fair enough. Insha'Allah, there will be a next time. :)

Brother Ikhwan Ng :: I'm attending MIHAS this weekend Insha'Allah. If that happens, I'll let you know if I stumble upon any halal Chinese food exhibitors from Perak. :)