Monday, September 8, 2008

.: Out for a drive :.


Certainly not for me.

Last weekend, I went back to KL. My journey started with my friends dropping me off at the KTM station, boarded the commuter to KL Sentral and pondered whether to take the cab straight home. Like always, I enjoyed the ride. Occasionally dozing off every minute or two and scrutinizing the antics of the commuters.

Everything seemed fine till I arrived at KL Sentral. Initially, I wanted to take the LRT *to observe more human drama* yet to my dismay the ticket queue was endless. It wouldn't have been that horrendous if I had my stored value card alas I lost it a few weeks back and had procrastinated in buying a new one. *serves me right for being such a slacker*

Off I went to the cab counter. Felt disgusted when the attendant informed me that I need to wait at least 1 to 2 hours for my turn. Considering that I didn't have much of a choice, I bought the ticket. Managed to get a cab in the next hour and reached home just after the Isya' call of prayers.

The situation is to be expected since it is the fasting month and most of the drivers are away breaking their fast and performing the Maghrib prayers before resuming their respective tasks. Therefore, I am not complaining at all. But during times like that, it made me think that it might be good to have my own car.

So why don't I? I have a driver's license. I can drive. In fact, I have driven before. *please equip yourself with a personal insurance plan before getting into the same vehicle driven by yours truly...*

Needless to say, I have my reasons ... to be precise:
  1. My mum thinks that girls shouldn't drive. *my dad is fine with it.*
  2. Presently, I don't see having a car as a necessity. *besides during times when the public transportation fails on me*
  3. Much prefer to take the public transportation. *there are lots to see... more life stories... then there's the part where I don't fancy driving at all...*
Public transportation has its pros and cons. The cons would be that it's hardly on time, stuffy, at times there'll be this odious odor emitted from somewhere *or someone*, you get stuck with crazy people and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Nonetheless, I still prefer it and till my reasons choose to backfire me , I doubt I will actually purchase my own car anytime sooner. ^^

Quite a long post and where is this leading to?
10.41am Malaysian Time

No comments: