Monday, April 5, 2010

.: 奉大仁大慈真主的尊名 :.


It is in forgiving that we are forgiven.


Muallaf [改心] starring Sharifah Amani, Sharifah Aleysha and Brian Yap was screened in Malaysia on Dec. 24th. 

When I find a friend who has turned away from religion ... it usually means that he's angry. So who were the Christians who made you angry at Christianity?
Rohani to Brian

Although I got hold of the DVD about a week ago, I haven't gotten the time to really watch it yet. In this movie, the girls quoted from the Qur'an, Bible and Tao Te Ching. As an avid faith buff this movie obviously intrigued me; an obsession that stemmed since my childhood days. Dad never stopped me from learning other faiths.

I know how some of my friends and relations find my obsession to be terribly unfathomable. However, I believe that God wants us to constantly seek the truth and gather as much knowledge as possible. Learning about other faiths does not make me a lesser Muslim. As a matter of fact, it strengthens my beliefs, and I take it as a wholesome experience. Any effort shall Insha'Allah lead us to have a greater understanding of each other's beliefs, enabling us to live together in peace and harmony.

The movie happens to feature 2 of the verses that I frequently keep in mind.

Al-Baqarah (The Heifer) 2:286 


On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear.It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a greater burden than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

1 Corinthians 13 

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Cultivating faith from within. 
1.16pm Malaysian Time

5 comments:

Khadijah C. said...

Assalam Alaikum,

I'm going to get this DVD too! =) Thanks for sharing!

W'salam,
Khadijah C.

Yoli said...

This video sounds like something I want to watch. The quote you have is very true. In my case I wanted to worship without pressure, I wanted answers by looking within.

Thank you for always leaving a sweet and thoughful post on my blog dear friend.

Hajar Alwi said...

Khadijah :: Wa'alaikum'as'salam dearest Khadijah.

Welcome to the blog! Can you believe I haven't watched the DVD yet??? Aih~~! I couldn't play the DVD!!! :(

Anyway, you're most welcome! :)

Yoli :: Dearest Yoli, that's what I thought too. I've been brought up to be rigid to my religion, and in some instances I sort of rebelled because I wasn't worshiping from within. However, I am glad to say I am at peace now. :)

Don't mention it, and I thank you too. :)

Ms.Unique said...

Agree with U totally on: "However, I believe that God wants us to constantly seek the truth and gather as much knowledge as possible. Learning about other faiths does not make me a lesser Muslim. As a matter of fact, it strengthens my beliefs, and I take it as a wholesome experience. Any effort shall Insha'Allah lead us to have a greater understanding of each other's beliefs, enabling us to live together in peace and harmony. "

Hajar Alwi said...

Aww~~~ thanks Shaz! :)